Be safe this holiday season!
Every Christmas season, people all over love to hop in their cars and check out the Christmas lights and decorations in hosting neighborhoods. People go back to their homes and start decking their house to enjoy. But did you know that each year, accidents involving trees and decorations damper the Christmas mood? Here are a few tips to help prevent accidents from occurring.
- When purchasing an artificial tree, find one that reads, “fire resistant.” This will make extinguishing a fire easier.
- If you choose to go with a live tree, get one that is fresh and green. If you buy one earlier in the season, make sure it is watered to help prevent drying out.
- Place your tree away from heaters, radiators and fireplaces. Make sure the tree is out of the way and is not an obstruction.
- Decorate with flame resistant tinsel.
- All breakable and sharp tree ornaments are high, out of the reach of the children.
- When using lights, make sure the lights have been tested and that it’s clearly labeled on the box.
- Prevent outdoor lights from blowing away by securing the lights to the home or tree.
We hope these few tips will help your Christmas season be accident free.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.
Since 1959, McVey Insurance has been serving California’s Central Valley, we are a leader in Personal, Commercial and Life Insurance products.
Are you a business owner looking for competitive insurance? Whether you’re looking for workers compensation insurance, commercial auto coverage, general liability or professional liability for your business, McVey Insurance is committed to finding you affordable and comprehensive insurance coverage, never compromising on protection or quality.
Are you looking for personal insurance? Our strong relationships that we have developed with our carriers will help you the valuable protection you need whether it be life insurance, a personal automobile policy, or health insurance in Central California, our experienced agents will take care of you.
If you are a Happy Customer, we would love to hear from you!