Is your dog on the blacklist?
Fido is your best friend. He’s been with you through the thick and thin. Your family is not complete without him and now you are looking to purchase a home. One of the things that you will need to do is to get homeowners insurance.
But did you know that not all breeds are insurable under the homeowners insurance? That’s right. In fact, there is quite a few breeds that won’t be covered.
- Siberian Huskies. Although their behavior is mainly friendly, these dogs are strong and can be difficult to control. Siberian Huskies have predatory instincts and therefore are not good around other small animals.
- German Shepherds. German Shepherds are known for their aggressive behavior and to be great police and military dogs.
- Alaskan Malamutes. Intelligent, independent, and Strong-willed are characteristic traits of this dog, making training and controlling this dog difficult.
- Akitas. This breed is all about domination and independence. Some countries have labeled this breed as a dangerous dog.
- Perro de Presa Canario. Remember the San Franciscan who was mauled to death in the condo hallway? The Perro de Presa Canario was at fault for that attack.
- Great Danes. Often called the “gentle giant,” the Great Dane can become aggressive if not trained at an early age.
- Chow Chows. Overly protective of their family, Chow Chows can be very aggressive towards people and other animals.
- Rottweilers. This breed of dog is typically good-natured and a great working dog, however without the proper training or environment this dog can become very aggressive.
- Doberman Pinschers. Dobermans were originally bred to be guard and protection dogs due to their size and intimidation factor.
- Pit Bulls. Of course you were going to see this breed on the list. When there is a dog attack, generally the breed that is blamed is the pit bull.
Be aware that if you have one of the listed breeds, you may have a hard time finding coverage. Contact our office today so we can help you get the coverage that you need.
Content provided by Transformer Marketing.
Since 1959, McVey Insurance has been serving California’s Central Valley, we are a leader in Personal, Commercial and Life Insurance products.
Are you a business owner looking for competitive insurance? Whether you’re looking for workers compensation insurance, commercial auto coverage, general liability or professional liability for your business, McVey Insurance is committed to finding you affordable and comprehensive insurance coverage, never compromising on protection or quality.
Are you looking for personal insurance? Our strong relationships that we have developed with our carriers will help you the valuable protection you need whether it be life insurance, a personal automobile policy, or health insurance in Central California, our experienced agents will take care of you.
If you are a Happy Customer, we would love to hear from you!